Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Beginnings

So the last time I played Warhammer 40K the rules were still in their third incarnation as opposed to their fifth as they are now. At that time I also did not have a place to call my own so all my armies were stored in cardboard boxes, GW cartons or other containers that did not encourage their longevity.

Now, having gotten a place of my own, I got lured back into the gaming scene and figured I'd pick up the game once more.  During the move I had come across (most) of my models so it was no big surprise to anyone that I gave myself over to the whispers of chaos.

Back when I used to play I had been drawn to Nurgle but never committed myself to any of the gods in particular. I used to run with Khorne Bezerkers because they were quite awesome and made people focus all their fire on them. Of course a friend who also ran Chaos Marines used to use them extensively and to good use.

To distinguish myself from his army I finally decided to take the plunge and go for an all Death Guard themed army. Unfortunately the small amount of models that had survived the years without being lost to the Warp (or the attic) were almost all in need of repairs and a coat of paint (or two, three etc).

So first thing I did....when faced with a lot of stuff to do was to purchase the new rulebook and codex. And secondly....more models. Because everyone knows buying loads of models and having work to do for years to come comes with playing Warhammer.

On that note....I better start some painting. For the record; I am a very bad painter, used to be into the gaming aspect as well as converting, painting never ranked very high. This time around I'm attempting to see if I can get an entire army painted up. Not excellent of course, but well enough that it at least doesn't look like a horde of black basecoated plastic.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment